Our house manager at The Bluebells, Lauren Harris, hosted our Mums Pamper Day last week at the house and has written our latest blog piece highlighting the day and how the mums enjoyed their time away.
"On Saturday 15th March, a group of 26 Mums of our seriously ill children, came to The Bluebells to enjoy a whole day of pampering. The ladies came from Hampshire, Surrey & Berkshire to enjoy some time to recharge their batteries. They had a 'Temple Spa' facial class where they were able to try the luxury products out on their skin, making them feel nicely relaxed. They also enjoyed Manicures, Pedicures & Massages throughout the day. The Bluebells team put on lunch and afternoon tea – the weather was kind to us, so they were able to enjoy the peace relaxing in the garden."
Throughout 2013 we provided:
- 115 family respite holidays at The Bluebells
- 314 single day visits to The Bluebells
- 12 activity days, involving 564 individual family members
- 31 transport days involving 248 hours' support
- 129 wellbeing therapy sessions involving 246 hours' direct family support
- 118 sessions of music therapy, including continued courses for 6 children and a further 4 bereaved siblings
- 91 sessions of art therapy, including a continued course for 2 children