Bringing the sparkle and shine of Christmas early!
Sadly for many of the families supported by us, Christmas is a time of sadness rather than joy. Their beloved child has passed away or is too sick to enjoy the festivities and so this magical time becomes tinged with heartbreak and sorrow.
Therefore, we like to bring a bit of Christmas magic and sparkle to them earlier than normal. For many, waiting until December to celebrate Christmas is just that little bit too long- therefore we celebrate it in July allowing those with little time left to enjoy the magic before it is too late.
Christmas in July allows families to have fun together, to spend much needed time together and to make memories that will last a lifetime.
The inspiration for Christmas in July came from our founder Sebastian Gates who sadly lost his battle against childhood cancer on Christmas Eve 2003. His parents Jane and Michael Gates said “Christmas is a time of celebration and without Sebastian it will never be the same again. Sebastian loved Christmas and we know he would have loved the idea of celebrating Christmas in July so we now want to give other families the opportunity to join with us and make memories to last a life-time even if that life is cut cruelly short”
This year, our Christmas in July party is being held on Sunday 16th July for our families, but we want everyone to take part in our Christmas in July celebration and spread a bit of festive cheer throughout the whole of July!
Why not organise your own Christmas themed activity throughout July? You can raise funds by:
- Charging for a Christmas dinner, or why not have a Christmas BBQ?
- Organising a festive raffle with festive themed prizes
- Charging for a dress down day – shorts, flip flops and a Santa hat!
- Organising a Christmas bake sale – great time to practice your Christmas cake for the main event
- Hosting a Christmas themed sporting event – why not get teams together and have Christmas themed race like a Santa Sack race!
We can help by providing:
- Support with fundraising – help with ideas etc.
- Collection Tins
- Fundraising packs and sponsorship forms
- Help to promote your event
- And many more ways!
Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01344 622500
Let us know what you are doing and share any photos with us and we will share them on our Social Media pages and website!
Bring some festive cheer to July this year and help us to help our families!